Many people are drawn to a physical yoga practice as a way to reduce stress and move more. However, because most of their time is spent at a desk, their bodies are often not prepared to perform many of the traditional physical poses.
Additionally, naturally flexible people will be drawn to the practice, because it comes easily to them. However, they frequently lack the stability needed to support their joints in these positions, which makes them vulnerable to pain and repetitive stress injuries.
Yoga Deconstructed® offers the experience of yoga with an interdisciplinary approach that integrates other movement modalities and modern movement science. This approach helps students become more well-rounded in their movements, which prepares them for asana and may improve their ability to function in everyday life. Take a look through this beautiful, practical book for yoga teachers and therapists here…
In Yoga Deconstructed® Trina Altman teaches yoga teachers and therapists:
• How to help students develop movement skills and reduce their risk of injury within the scope of yoga, Pilates or any other movement modality
• Regressions and progressions for human movement and yoga asana to fit the unique needs of the student
• Critical thinking skills to help students safely transition from physical therapy to group classes
• Strategies to introduce variability and neuromuscular re-education that help facilitate tissue resiliency, neuroplasticity, and new motor patterns
• Modern movement applications, including somatics, sensory feedback methods, and preparatory exercises
• How to deconstruct and expand yoga asana to reduce the risk of hypermobility and repetitive stress injuries
||200 black and white photographs
||246 x 189 mm
||17 November 2020
Trina Altman B.A., E-RYT 500, YACEP, NCPT, STOTT PILATES® certified instructor, is the creator of Yoga Deconstructed® and Pilates Deconstructed®, which shows movement teachers and clinicians how to modernize their teaching and create a more sustainable practice through an interdisciplinary approach based on current movement science.
Trina has over a decade of teaching experience and has taught throughout North America, Central America, Europe, and Australia.
Trina has presented at Kripalu, PURE YOGA® NYC, Yogaworks, SYTAR, the Yoga Alliance Leadership Conference, ECA, Momentum Fest and multiple yoga conferences. She also created and taught a Pilates continuing education course for physical therapists and was part of the faculty for the Brain Longevity® conference at UCLA. Her work has been published in Yoga Journal, Yoga International, and Pilates Style magazine and her classes and courses have been featured on Yoga International, Yoga Anytime and Fusion Pilates EDU.
She also consulted for Equinox to help develop their signature program Best Stretch Ever, which utilizes the mobility stick to improve functional range of motion, body awareness, and total body strength. Her teaching fosters body cognition and self-discovery, firmly grounded in anatomical awareness.
For more information on Trina and her online classes and courses, visit trinaaltman.com.