This comprehensive guide to aromatherapy provides thorough coverage for students and is also an excellent reference for practitioners. It includes all the information required by students training on aromatherapy courses accredited to Levels 3 or 4. This book:
- contains revised and in-depth detail on the characteristics, chemistry, sourcing and safe application of essential oils
- covers the effects of odours on mind, body and emotions
- provides tutors with an ideal support text for any advanced-level aromatherapy course
- provides a clear focus on clinical and professional aromatherapy, making it suitable for all quality accredited aromatherapy courses
- contains colour photography for each of the essential oils
- includes case histories providing true-life examples
- discusses the adjunctive role of aromatherapy in community settings such as hospices, education, special needs and hospitals.
||978 1 905367 99 3
||275 x 212 mm
||320 colour photos and images
Vicki Pitman has over twenty years experience of aromatherapy as a practitioner, tutor, lecturer, researcher, and therapist in hospice care. She is a member of the International Federation of Aromatherapists and also a qualified medical herbalist (F.URHP). She gained an M. Phil. in Complementary Health Studies from Exeter University and has authored several books and articles on herbal medicine, the history of traditional medicine, reflexology, as well as aromatherapy.
translation missing: en.general.search.loading